of virus-related computer incidents (VCI)
Doctor Web offers paid services related to the investigation of virus-related computer incidents.
Investigation | Scope of the investigation | Questions and answers | Report | Request an investigation
The threats and unlawful intentional acts to which Doctor Web lends its expertise.
Doctor Web only investigates incidents involving malware and riskware. We deal exclusively with computer software forensics, i.e., we can only examine software code.
- The theft of information or property (including money) belonging to the customer or its clients.
- Leaks of confidential information, including authentication data.
- Hackings (Unauthorized Access (UA)) penetrating information resources for the purpose of committing unlawful acts (including viewing, copying, modifying and deleting data, intercepting and blocking information, and spoofing data processing).
- Monitoring information systems.
- Intentional disruptions of software operation that can result in a denial of service.
- Intentional modifications of data including its destruction, partial modification, replacement, and encryption to conceal leaks, intrusions, theft, and other similar illegal activities.
Hardware subjected to malware attacks that can be examined by Doctor Web
- Payment terminals and ATMs.
- Work spaces equipped with desktops and laptops.
- Employee computers and mobile devices that are used to connect to the corporate network.
- Any removable data storage media.